Tuesday, March 23, 2010

So, as it turns out, I really like to read.

I know I've posted about this before, but I just had to mention that I have almost reached my I-hope-to-read-12-books-while-I'm-abroad goal...

I just finished reading number nine; a book called A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes From My Kitchen Table by Molly Wizenberg, the author of a recipe-filled and fabulously witty blog called Orangette, which I like to wander to once in a while.

Traci told me about Orangette a while back and then ordered Molly's book from Amazon (our FAVORITE place) a couple weeks ago. She read it and then passed it on to me. And I L-O-V-E'd it. Her stories are fabulous and her writing is so vivid and witty, I couldn't hardly put it down. For any of you who like to cook (or like me, like to think they like to cook...), it should be your next read. Seriously. I laughed out loud several times, I BAWLED at one part, and I adored her stories and recipes. It was a seriously satisfying read.


Anyway, I'm on to Austenland next, which I hope will not be a let down... After that, I hope to start in on the real Jane Austens (since the only one I've read - or partially read - is the first half of Pride and Prejudice in college). So Emma, Pride & Prejudice, Persuasion, and Sense & Sensibility are on their way from Amazon as we speak... Yay!

Really, what I should be doing is, I don't know, exercising...

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I've never heard of a couple of those. I'm going to have to add those to my reading list. Another month and then you're headed back to AZ, right? Can't wait! We'll have a nice welcome home dinner at our place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Jane Austen! I've read all of these titles at least twice, "Pride and Prejudice" probably more like 5 times. There are no love stories like the really old classics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So...how about some flourless chocolate "cake" later today?

    I didn't put a Jane Austen on my list this time around, which is hhhhhighly unusual. Perhaps I will have to steal one of your newly arrived ones and sneak it into my spring reading. Hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I'll do the elliptical if you will today.

    ReplyDelete