Tuesday, March 30, 2010

It's SPRING, hooray!!

The weather has been so beautiful recently. And I cannot begin to explain how much I appreciate it. After months of gray dreariness, it feels like heaven. I live for sunshine.

Traci and I went for a five hour gander the other day with the two littles and took lots of pictures of the cathedrals we see regularly. I adore the churches here - they are so ornate and beautiful. Then Annie and I went out all day yesterday through what felt like every part of the city. And we took enough pictures to prove it. It feels so good to get out and walk. And it's good to finally see the city in a different light.

Can I just say again that I LOVE springtime? It's just so.... hopeful.


our cathedral up close
the Pakrovski convent
St. Andrew's cathedral
a view of the gold domes of the Lavra
WWII monument
I just love views like this
the kissing bridge - people come here to kiss, attach a lock, and paint their initials on... how cute is that? I mean, when you have someone to kiss of course
a cleaning crew comes once a year and cuts all the locks off and repaints the bridge but before the year is up it's full again
the cleaning crew was there yesterday, so I'm glad I got some pictures... (I LOVE my sister's camera, btw)
Kiev from the top
the Arch of Friendship
what can I say? springtime in Kiev makes me feel this way...
Annie in the wind. I love catching candid moments....
this is my Ukraine.... the Maidan (city square), Kiev
I had to.... because I'm a cheese puff.
this says "stop drinking," which is hilarious considering we are in the land of excessive vodka consumption and public drunkenness

2 comments:

  1. Good hell woman, you are beautiful!

    Sorry I said a bad word on your blog.

    Is that the St. Louis Arch? I've been there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love all of the locks. Sean's family traces back to Kiev but they left before the war.

    ReplyDelete