Monday, December 7, 2009

Just because you keep asking...

So quit nagging me already!

1.) There are exactly two single men that I have met so far: one Ukrainian, one American. Both Mormon. I'm not interested in either of them.

*Ukrainian men are not the finest specimen in the world so the chances of anything happening here are, well, slim to none.

2.) I'm not totally aware of the social scene here (no surprise there). And I'm not really sure that I want to be aware. It seems like the only socially acceptable things here are short skirts, stilhetto boots, and lots (and lots and lots and lots) of alcohol. And we all know where that combination would get me - wait, where would that get me? Just kidding, don't answer that.

I have been to a couple church activities with the young single crowd here, but it's hard when you don't speak eachother's languages. But let's be honest - regardless of the language barriers, I've never been one to enjoy singles activities. Let's leave it at that. I could go on and on about it... :)

The one redeeming aspect of my social life has been my beloved ILP girls that force me out of my hermity I-don't-want-to-be-aware-of-the-social-scene zone. Thank heaven for them! (more on them another time)

3.) Still no job. There aren't very many options for me since I don't have a working visa. I really only have a couple options, one of which is no longer an option so I just need to get on the ball with the other one. In the mean time I will probably be advertising myself in the kids' school newsletter as a "homework helper" where I'd mostly help non-native English speaking kids with their English. Calling myself a tutor would probably require some real brain usage (and probably some math), and that could be detrimental.

4.) I don't really know how long I will be here. Six months to indefinitely. It all depends on the job thing. And what I want to do with the rest of my life. Except wait, if it depends on me deciding what to do next with my life, I could be here forever...

Suggestions welcome any time.

5.) That all sounds really drab and pessimistic.

6.) On a more cheery and optimistic note, we are headed to Munich in two weeks! They go nuts there at Christmas time (unlike here where they don't celebrate Christmas until January - more on that another time as well) so it will be a snowy, wintery, Christmas wonderland in Germany. And I'm pretty darn excited about it!

7.) I am LOVING the time I get to spend with my niece and nephews. They are little darlings. And they do some seriously funny things. And my sister - I have only seen her once in the last four years or more, so it's been fab getting to spend some quality time with her. How many people can say they got to live with their ultra-cool sister and her family in a foreign country? Not many.

8.) Oh, and no, I'm not on a cabbage-only diet. I'm not losing weight and I'm definitely not down to a size smaller than what I was when I left. In fact, I have gained weight since being here. I have eaten more in the last two months than I have in the last three years of my life combined. So thank you for bringing that one up. I appreciate it.

Ok, that's all I can think of... Does that answer all your questions? :)



4 comments:

  1. I have a suggestion...but frankly you already know what it is ;) Dude! How fun to get to spend a Christmas in Germany, that's nuts!! (But in a cool way!) Oh and don't lie, you know you are and always will be a skinny b***h!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DUDE. If you even think you are staying in the Ukrazzies for longer than 6 months, I will fly my cheeks out there and bring yours back. You really ARE losing it over there. Dont even think about it!

    And I second JAMIE's comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you don't know me (and your friends from home won't like me), but I wish you would take your sweet time enjoying your visit with your sister and getting to experience living in Europe. Home will still be there when you decide to make your way back Stateside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, this is a once in a lifetime experience, live it up! Get shorter skirts, drink more, and lower your standards too---you'll have more fun.

    ReplyDelete