Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Good Day Sunshine!

The widgets on my computer dashboard show that Tuesday's forecast in Kiev is looking pretty good compared to the rest of the week. But I really took this picture because it is probably one of the only times that the temperature in Gilbert Arizona will be the same as it is in Kiev Ukraine (even though it's a difference between the wee hours of the morning in Gilbert and the middle of the day here)...

It's funny to think that I just moved from a place that is perpetually sunny (hence its nickname) - to a place that to my four weeks of knowledge, is perpetually NOT sunny. Somewhat dreary, really. Opposite ends of the spectrum for sure. Which is probably just the way winter is here, but still. My bones need sunshine and warmth.

So, needless to say, days like today are welcomed with pure delight. It is the second time in a month that I have seen sunshine (three if you count the hour that it broke through the clouds yesterday), and it's just another one of those little things that I may have taken for granted. It was so nice to not only wake up to the sun coming through the blinds this morning, but to see evidence of it all over the house throughout the day. Thank you clouds for not coming to Kiev today (for at least a little while)...


I need to laugh, and when the sun is out
I've got something I can laugh about
I feel good, in a special way
I'm in love and it's a sunny day

Good day sunshine
Good day sunshine
Good day sunshine

- The Beatles

3 comments:

  1. LOVE your new header! I think Mom still has a set of green suitcases like that, btw. They used to have doll clothes in them...:)

    And winter has not even begun, sister. I'm sorry about that. It's not the grey for me so much as it is the darkness at 4:30 p.m. We need to get a "happy lamp" don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, if you move back, you will get to see the sunshine EVERY DAY. And even though it was 46 at night during this random week, it was in the mid 70's during the day with a perfect breeze :)

    I'm going to bust out all my resources until you give in and COME BACK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That photo with the lace curtains--my favorite. That says Ukraine to me.

    ReplyDelete