Monday, May 9, 2011

I'm in love.

With my Nook.

I know, I know... I'm a total nerd. But I can't help it. I love to read. And since I have about four inches of space in my little house, I just don't have room for the mass of books I keep purchasing from Amazon.com (one of my top ten all time favorite things ever). And since I had some gift cards for Barnes & Noble (thank you, Mom!), I decided to bite the bullet and get me a Nook. I'd only been coveting it for a year.

Need I mention the $130 Kate Spade Nook cover that I had drooled over when it first hit the shelves? Well, fate was on my side the day I bought my Nook - Kate Spade was marked down 75%. Snatched that right up. Oh, that thing we call justification.... tricky little thing!

Moral of the story is that I highly recommend a Nook for any of my fellow book nerds/escapists out there. I'd even recommend justifying the purchase of a fabulous little cover.

The only thing I'll miss is that smell that only the inside of a book can have... mmmmm.







6 comments:

  1. So, I love books, but I love collecting them on a bookshelf as much as I love reading them. So that the people who don't actually ever come to my house can admire my book collection, see. So... does someone with my affliction need a Nook? A few of my friends have one -- or something similar -- and they love them, of course. But I love book spines, even though it's impractical hauling boxes of books all around. What do you suggest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm... a nook... still deciding whether I want to join the "dark side" or not! I'm such a stanch traditional papger-and-ink reader that it feels like a betrayal to even think about it!

    But... everyone says its so cool... dare I conform??

    P.s. Woot, woot for blog stalkers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Why don't you post anymore?

    You and your sister. Big ol' book nerds.

    Get back to this blog. That's an order.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, put your Nook down and post something new, dummy.

    ReplyDelete