Sunday, October 25, 2009

Me, Gypsy Girl

In the first 19 years of my life, I only had two addresses - both of which were in the same little town, and both for nearly equal amounts of time. In the 9 short years since then, I have resided at 16 different addresses, the latest of which is in Kiev, Ukraine. 
People have been referring to me as a gypsy recently, perhaps because my bags are never fully unpacked when I finally "settle" somewhere. I was once told that I need to "put my anchor down" - that I'm too much like a bird, flying off in every different direction. 
I've thought about that a lot and I don't know if there is something inside me that craves the constant change or if I just don't have anything significant to let my anchor down for right now, but either way, I tend to go where the wind blows. And apparently it's very windy where I stand! 
What can I say? I'm a wanderer at heart...
So thus begins a new journey, and hopefully some experiences that I can look back on and be grateful for the way they changed my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment